The world has gone mobile and, led by the developing world, the mobile internet is now the new normal.
By 2017, an estimated 69% of the worldwide population will own mobile phones, 34% of which will be smartphones. – eMarketer, December 2013
So, when people want dive information, it makes sense that they use an app supplying everything they need, whenever they need it – the revamped PADI App.
An estimated 89 percent of time spent on connected mobile devices is spent using mobile apps. – Nielsen Media Research
The first version of the PADI App provided access to the Dive Shop Locator, scuba diving news and PADI eCards™. The next iteration of the PADI App offers these features plus much more, including:
- PADI Dive Shop and Resort Locator integration with ScubaEarth® dive sites.
- Top dive destinations and information about what divers can see there.
- Feeds from PADI social media and dive news.
- Information about PADI courses, including ability to purchase Touch products and PADI eLearning programs.
- Dive tools (such as digital dive tables), quick references (such as hand signals) as well as a variety of dive planning checklists and reminders.
- The ability to log recreational and training dives within ScubaEarth from the PADI App.
- Access to PADI eCards.
- A direct link to the PADI Pros’ Site.
- Access to PADI Gear collections.
Adaptive learning means that as users interact with the PADI App, it delivers a more personalized experience. It will, for example, present suggested course choices based on current certification level. This helps divers stay better connected to scuba diving and the services you provide.
The new edition of the PADI App will be available soon. Check the PADI Pros’ Site for more information and be sure to either download or update the revamped PADI App on your mobile device.