Peak Performance Buoyancy
To take advantage of PADI’s Peak Performance Buoyancy (PPB) program, you’ll need to be a PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or equivalent and be at least 12 years old.
Your program will include two open water dives, which may be conducted in one day.
Some of the topics covered in your PPB program are as follows:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy fundamentals
- Buoyancy check
- Fine-tuning buoyancy underwater
- Weight position and distribution
- Use of PADI’s Basic Weighting Guidelines.
An opportunity to polish buoyancy control beyond the Open Water Diver level:
- Positioning and distributing weight for comfort and desired body position (trim in the water).
- Visualization techniques prior to dives
- Buoyancy checks
- Establishing neutral buoyancy during all segments of a dive
- Fine-tuning neutral buoyancy underwater
The elective Peak Performance Buoyancy Dive conducted during the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver program may be counted toward this specialty at the instructor’s discretion.
To master your buoyancy, contact EASY DIVERS and sign up for the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy program and purchase the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Crew-Pak.
Incoming search terms:
- cyprus peak performance buoyancy
- specialty course instructor outline peak performance buoyancy