Want to become the next Hans Haas (he’s an underwater motion picture pioneer from long ago)? Then sign up for PADI’s Underwater
Videographer program! You’ll need to be at least a PADI Open Water Diver (Junior Open Water Diver or equivalent) and at least 12.
During your PADI Underwater Videographer program you’ll go on three open water dives and put in to practice the information you learnt from your instructor.
Information covered in your program includes:
- The selection, maintenance, care and handling of underwater video equipment.
- Safe diving practices while using underwater video equipment.
- Exposure, focus, and maintaining colour with video equipment.
- Shot types, lengths and camera moves.
- Developing a story line and shot sequencing
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques and problems of underwater Videographer.
The elective Underwater Videographer dive your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver program may count toward this certification at your PADI Instructors discretion.