PADI IDC Staff Instructor
PADI IDC Staff Instructor Training Courses Cyprus
PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course Overview
The PADI IDC Staff Instructor program is designed to provide PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainers with the additional training necessary to assist a PADI Course Director in conducting the IDC. It is also one step closer to the prestigious Master Instructor rating.
This program builds upon the IDC Staff Instructor candidate’s experience and abilities as a dive educator while concentrating on developing evaluation and counselling skills to an effective and consistent level, as well as developing familiarity with the Padi IDC curriculum.
Since the training includes auditing an entire Padi IDC, it must be conducted in conjunction with an IDC.
Through independent study, classroom sessions, guided evaluation training and an internship, IDC Staff Instructor candidates learn to teach the PADI Assistant Instructor course and assist with Instructor development programs.
PADI IDC Staff Instructor Certification
Upon satisfactory completion of all performance requirements, candidate may apply for certification as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor and is authorized to:
- Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors.
- Conduct IDC training segments under the direct supervision of a PADI Course Director.
- Evaluate and critique Instructor candidate knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations.
- Provide counselling and remedial training for Instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates.
- Assist with training during Instructor-level continuing education programs, such as PADI Speciality Instructor Training courses.
- Observe the orientation and closing sessions of PADI Instructor Examinations.
Required PADI IDC Staff Instructor Materials
Each IDC Staff Instructor candidate must obtain:
- PADI Course Director Manual with Decal for certification.
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Confined Water & Open Water Evaluation Slates
- Confined Water & Open Water Presentation Slates
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Outline
- Best of the Undersea Journal
PADI IDC Staff Instructor Duration
11 days or more (1 class prior to IDC)
PADI IDC Staff Instructor Prerequisites
To enrol in an IDC Staff Instructor training program, an individual must:
- Be renewed and in teaching status as a PADI Instructor for the current year.
- Hold a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer rating.
- Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual.
- Agree to use the PADI System and its components in their entirety.
Take your PADI IDC Staff Instructor Courses with a Padi Course Director In Cyprus