The PADI Openwater Instructor Development Program prepares you to function as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI).
In addition, it further develops your leadership and teaching abilities to the instructor level and prepares you to teach PADI programs. Become a Padi dive instructor, Your Padi Instructor training in Cyprus begins here!
- Be certified as a PADI Assistant Instructor or a PADI Divemaster, or as an instructor with another recreational diver training organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be fit for diving and submit a medical form signed by a physician.
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months and logged at least 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation prior to beginning the Instructor Development Program, and have been a certified diver for at least 6 months and logged at least 100 dives prior to entering the Padi Instructor Examination.
- Submit proof of Instructor CPR training within 24 months or be a EFR Instructor.
- During the PADI Instructor Development program, you’ll learn the PADI System of diver education, standards and procedures, effective academic teaching presentations, teaching in confined water, conducting open water training dives and additional related topics. You’ll learn these topics one of two ways; through the PADI Instructor Development Program (IDC) or the PADI Instructor Orientation Program (IOC)
(Note: The IOC is an option available only if you’re an instructor and current with another certification organization and wish to become a PADI Instructor.)
Padi instructor packages, after successful completion of the IDC or IOC, you must successfully complete the PADI Instructor Examination (IE).
On your PADI IE, you will be evaluated on; dive theory, academic teaching, confined-water (pool) teaching, openwater teaching and general diving skills and your professionalism.
As a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor you can conduct the entire range of PADI Instructor experience programs and PADI diver programs, from padi Open Water Diver through Padi Divemaster (except for specialities and which require specific Padi Specialty Diver Instructor).
After successfully completing your PADI IDC/IOC and PADI Instructor Exam, you receive a certification card and certificate denoting this rating.
You’ll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance or PADI Instructor Insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities).
Back in 1972 was under 100 pages of padi Instructor Manual. Over the next thirty-seven years, the manual swelled to nearly 1,070 pages.
Now, 2010 padi instructor manual has been simplified, alphabetized, and binder-ized to make key standards easier to find. For a more extensive explanation of each course, instructors can refer to the 2009 padi instructor manual* and/or the new Guide to Teaching.
* and subsequent Training Bulletins.
All renewed padi instructors and padi divemasters will receive an email with a link to download the new manual in first quarter 2010.
Only the paper version is available for purchase now. The product (number 70120) comes with the binder and instructor manual pages only. It does not come with the other items shown in the photo. Padi idc paper and the New PADI Instructor manuals.
Streamlined and Simplified
2014 PADI Instructor Manual
PADI IDC Crew Pack “New 2014″. PADI Product Number #60038
Revised for January 2010, this IDC Crew Pack supersedes all previous versions which have now been discontinued, but are still valid until 30th June 2010.
You will note that PADI have removed the Instructor Manual from this revised Crew Pack which is now available as part of the new PADI Divemaster Crew Pack.
If you don’t have the new Padi Divemaster Crew pack, you can obtain the latest 2010 Instructor Manual from our Dive Shop in Cyprus
PADI Instructor IDC Crew Pack PADI Instructor Materials for 2012
* Guide To Teaching (replaces Candidate Workbook) (Removed)
* Law and the Professional Book, Children and Diving, Best of the Undersea Journal and Business of Diving on CD-ROM
* Open Water Cue Cards
* Confined Water Cue Cards
* Open Water Prep Slate
* Confined Water Prep Slate
* Adventures in Diving Slates
* Rescue Diver Slates (Cue cards)
* PADI Pro Log Book
* Speciality Instructor Guide (CD ROM)
* OW, Rescue & DM Exams (NEW 2011 DM Exams)
* Positive Approach DVD
* Applications and Paperwork
* PADI Backpack
The fourth quarter 2010 training bulletin has some information on familiarizing yourself with the new manual (pages 2-3). If additional hints and tips become available I’ll publish them to this website.
Should you wish to update yourself or Join one of my Padi Instructor, PADI IDC in Cyprus
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW For YourPADI INSTRUCTOR COURSES