PADI Assistant Instructor
PADI Assistant Instructor Course
Progress towards your PADI IDC with eLearning
PADI Assistant Instructor Candidates that are already certified PADI Divemaster, before attending our PADI Instructor Development Course. There have been changes to the PADI curriculum, that from January 2010, you can:
Study and pre-assess your dive theory online with the eLearner option. Study 9 of the course presentations online which can be used to save time from the course and start 3 days later rather than our ‘PADI Course Directors Live delivery lectures’.
There is an additional charge for this each of these PADI e learning options, that deliver convenience and value enhancement to the IDC, and this is fee is paid to PADI directly. Please contact us or Click our Padi Elearning for more information to register.
To help you through the program, PADI has developed an array of learning tools such as the PADI IDC Crew Pack 2012.
PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of:
- Formal training in conducting PADI programs and experience programs.
- Independent study assignments.
- Practical application sessions.
- Written examination (exam) not the Padi instructor examination 2012 .
PADI Assistant Instructor is qualified to Teach:
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a New Updated 2013 PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team Aqua Missions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after completing the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor Training Course
- Teach PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after completing the PADI Emergency Oxygen Specialty Instructor Training Course
Padi AI Online eLearning (Student must complete the online portion or attend a LIVE classroom presentation)
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- General Standards & Procedures
- Risk Management
- Marketing Diving
- Start Diving
- Teaching PADI Specialty Courses
- Business of Diving
- Keep Diving
- How to Teach the RDP (optional for PADI Members)
Padi Assistant Instructor Course Topics
- Course Orientation
- Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
- Teaching in Confined Water
- Conducting Open Water Training Dives
Padi Assistant Instructor Course Prerequisites
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or hold a leadership level certification with another recreational diver training organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement for a diving medical examination conducted within the past 12 months
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months and have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives (as documented in the individual’s log book) and have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months
Upon successfully completing the PADI Assistant Instructor program, you receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating.
You’ll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities).
Are You Ready For Your Padi Assistant Instructor Courses Cyprus?