PADI Divemaster Course
Ready for a challenge? Ready for a Life Changing Experiences? A Diving Career, PADI Divemaster Course, Here We Come!
Then look no further! Choosing a padi divemaster training course, the PADI Divemasters Course is the first run on the Padi leadership ladder in the PADI System of Professional Diver Education Internship Cyprus.
Candidates that are already certified PADI Divemaster, before attending our PADI Instructor Development Course. There have been changes to the PADI Divemaster curriculum, that since January 2010.
Study and pre-assess your DM dive theory online with the Padi eLearner option, this is not the padi divemaster exams. Study 9 of the course presentations online which can be used to save time from the course and start 3 days later rather than our PADI Course Directors Live delivery lectures’.
There is an additional charge for this each of these PADI elearning options, that deliver convenience directly to your pc or iPhones and value enhancement to the Padi IDC, this is an extra fee is paid to PADI directly and not the padi dive centre. Please contact us or Click our E learning for more information on how to register.
Padi Divemaster rating denotes you as a person who:
- Has a high level of personal diving skill.
- Has instructor level knowledge of diving theory.
- Has had significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities.
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
In other words, you’re the cream of the crop and we want you to be!
As you may know, many PADI professional master divers go on to become PADI Instructors.
So, the training and experience you gain through the PADI Divemaster program helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator.
To help shape you into a Dive Professional, PADI has developed the PADI Divemaster Crew Pack and various other material.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll be qualified to:
- Act as certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors.
- Supervise participants in PADI experience programs for uncertified divers.
- Generally supervise both training and no training related diving activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program for certified divers.
- Conduct and Lead Discover Scuba Diving and after successful completion of DSD Leardership Traianing.
- Guide Snorkelling programs after successful completion of DSD Leadership Training.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
- Conduct the Skin Diving Skills segment of the PADI Open Water Diver course confined Water Diver four under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
- Enroll in PADI Instructor level training
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during: surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- When the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
To qualify for PADI Divemaster training, you’ll need to:
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or hold a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or hold a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Have logged a minimum of 20 open water dives prior to entry into PADI Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster.
Be at least 18 years old.
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam signed by a physician prior to any in-water activities.
- At the time of certification, have current training in CPR. (Current means that the CPR training has not expired as defined by the CPR training organization.)
- At the time of certification, have current training in First Aid.
(If the candidate does not hold a PADI Rescue Diver certification, he must have first aid training that has not expired as defined by the first aid training organization.)
You’ll complete three phases in the PADI Divemaster Course:
1. Watermanship and skills assessment
- Watermanship and stamina
- General diving skills
2. Knowledge Development
- Diving physics
- Diving physiology
- Diving skills and environment
- Supervising students in training
- Dive management and control
- Dive planning
- Emergency assistance plan for Diving emergencies in the local area
- Mapping a local open water site
Use the New Padi divemaster exam answers 2014 is the latest most upto date Padi DM exam. also great to help you study is padi divemaster exam study guide. These could be in the form of exam-questions-answers or help from study notes form other Padi Divemaster candidates.
3. Practical Application
This involves training activities using various structured training sessions, simulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual PADI programs.
These training sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities, both as a coordinator and as an underwater guide.
Upon successfully completing the PADI Divemaster program or Divemaster Internships Europe, you’ll receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating.
You’ll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities).
Updated PADI Divemaster Crew pack 2014
Padi Divemasters for 2014 will have to own a personal copy of the instructor manual along with the new Padi Instructor Guide. This is Padi’s new (streamlined) instructor manual for 2014. Your Padi Instructor Manual 2013 needs to be the latest version with all the updates and changes to the padi standard.
The new manual is part of the revised PADI Divemaster Crew Pack see chart below with a list of what’s in the revised PADI Divemaster crew pack (available in English only for now).
Includes everything needed to start your Divemaster Course
- Instructor manual (Compulsory From July 2010)
- Carrying bag
- Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving
- Discover Scuba cue card
- Diving Knowledge workbook
- Divemaster led programs on a CD
- Training Slates
- Student Application Package
- Divemaster Emblem
- Transparent PADI Decal( Needed For DM Application)
- Padi eRDPml Electronic Dive Planner (we include this free).
New 2014 PADI Divemasters Course Overview
What’s New? Skill development through new workshops and practical applications.
The new program has a 50 % increase in in-water training including:
Five new Divemaster Conducted Program workshops: one for each course Divemasters are authorized to conduct.
Five Practical Application Skills:
1. Dive site set-up and management
2. Mapping project (unchanged)
3. Dive briefing
4. Search and recovery scenario*
5. Deep dive scenario*
* A speciality diver certification in this area may fulfil this skill requirement at the instructor’s discretion.
Dive Skills: four skin diving skills have been added.
The skill evaluation slate is being revised (product no. 60228).
Changes to the Padi Divemaster Course Prerequisites:
The Deep Diver and Search and Recovery speciality ratings are recommended, candidates may also demonstrate the skills related to these courses as part of the Practical Application Skills section (described above).
PADI Divemasters Course Candidates must have 40 logged dives to begin the program (it was 20 dives before). 60 logged dive to complete the course. also a padi divemaster application fee 2013 is to be paid directly.
Development & Exam Changes:
Divemaster eLearning – an alternative to using the PADI Divemaster manual and DVD. The on-line option replaces all but one of the classroom presentations. The exam must be proctored by an instructor. Unlike the other eLearning courses, the DM exam is not included in the online program.
A revised PADI Divemaster Manual and DVD is also available for those who prefer traditional study tools.
The Padi Divemaster exam now emphasizes the supervisory and leadership aspects of dive mastering. The revised padi divemaster exam is written in more familiar terminology to more accurately assess candidate comprehension of the knowledge development topics – including dive theory. This will allow you to self study more and understand the padi divemaster course better.
The dive theory knowledge requirement for Divemaster is now an intermediate step between what’s required for the PADI Rescue Diver rating and Assistant Instructor or Instructor certification.
A DM candidate may “test out” of the dive theory exam questions (roughly half of the exam) by completing Padi Dive Master Theory Online (around $100).
Things That Haven’t Changed:
- Same number of dives to “graduate”: 60
- Dive Theory Online is still an optional study tool.
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Mapping project
Revised Divemaster materials:
Padi Divemaster manual – expanded from 200 pages to nearly 300. Includes new course information and functions as an additional study tool for the DM exam. Each chapter now includes a case study based on real scenarios which illustrate sound judgement and other leadership skills.
Padi Divemaster DVD – now includes “demonstration quality” videos of all 20 scuba skills and the new skin diving skills (4) – plus new and updated footage.
PADI Divemaster DVD (Pro edition) – revised to reflect new course content and incorporate new footage.
Padi Divemaster slates – revised slightly to reflect new course content
Skill evaluation slate – includes four new skin diving skills.
Padi Divemaster exams/answer sheet/answer key – entirely updated
- Padi Divemaster lesson guides (70918) with prescriptive technology and presentation notes
- Padi instructor cue cards (60206) four slates – version 1.0
- Padi Divemaster manual (available in the DM crew pack or instructor start-up package)
- Padi Divemaster candidate slates (60207) version 3.0
- Padi Divemaster candidate DVD (70844) required viewing, not included in DM crew pack, includes skill videos
- Padi Divemaster exam (60225) four-pack of new exams, version 3.0
Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving (part no. 70034 book, 70833 DVD-ROM)
- Scuba Tune-Up Guide book – now a recommended item (part no. 70097).
- DSD cue card (must have 2009 revision of this item, part no. 60130)
- Diving Knowledge Workbook – no longer required, but relevant study tool for DM, AI and Instructor exams (part no. 70214).
Divemaster modular lesson guides. These are those long winded theory lessons presented by your instructor.
What about the current PADI Divemasters Course materials?
We’ll transition to the new program over several months – similar to how we introduced the new Padi IDC program. PADI Members should continue to use and sell DM materials in stock, but consider keeping a light inventory.
The cut-off date for starting new candidates with the “old” DM materials is 1 July 2011. After this point, DM candidates and their instructors must use the new materials.
TBA: what happens to Divemaster candidates who have not finished the “old” program by 1 July 2011
Where can I get more information?
Review the information on the Training Bulletins
- Available on the PADI Pro’s Site under Training Essentials
- Also found in the Undersea Journal
TO JOIN OUR 2014 PADI DIVEMASTERS COURSE
JUST FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
PADI Divemaster Course